Thank you for expressing an interest in entering the Derbyshire Young Artist of the Year competition. We look forward to receiving your entry!
You have the chance to be crowned the Derbyshire Young Artist of the Year in your chosen category and have your work exhibited throughout our 2020 Arts Festival.
You should find everything you need on this page to help you with your entry. If you need any more information please contact Joby Parsons at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01246 500799
Please make sure you have read and understood the competition rules below before entering the competition.
Arts Festival Dates: 22nd June – 3rd July 2020
Venue: Chesterfield College Main Campus, Infirmary Road, Chesterfield + West Studios, Sheffield Road, Chesterfield
- Visual Arts (painting, illustration, collage)
- 3D Art (sculpture)
Age Group Categories:
- Years 4-6
- Years 7-9
- Years 10-13
Competition Category Specifications:
All categories must be inspired by the open brief of ‘Modern Day Britain’.
- One digital photo per entrant, uploaded/submitted as per guidelines given above. Entries should follow the open creative brief above. Files must be hi-res and not in a Microsoft Word document.
- Create a piece of visual art that you think reflects the above open creative brief. This could take the form of an illustration, painting or collage. Entries must not be bigger than A1 in size.
- Create a sculpture made of any material that reflects the open creative brief
Terms and Conditions:
- Number of entries:Students may submit one entry in each category only
- Closing date for all entries:12pm, Wednesday 10 June 2020
- Email entries must be sent to email@example.com Postal entries must be sent to – Joby Parsons, West Studios (Chesterfield College), Sheffield Road, Chesterfield, S41 7LL
- All entries must be accompanied with full name, school name, year of study, address, contact telephone number and email
- Judging will take place on 11th June 2020 and finalists will be announced and communicated to on that day.
- Winners will be announced at the opening of their works being exhibited on 22 June 2020, 6-7pm at West Studios (Chesterfield College), Sheffield Road, Chesterfield, S41 7LL
Rules of entry:
- All entries must be your own work, or work of the group
- Entrants who are over 18 give their permission for their work, photos and name to be published in printed and online press and media
- Students are restricted to one entry per category
- Students must submit their entries in one of two ways:
- Via hard copy (including USB sticks) to West Studios reception, Sheffield Road, Chesterfield, S41 7LL
- Via Google Drive or Dropbox and send a confirmation email of the link to your entry. You can find out to upload your work to Dropbox here https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/84 and Google Drive here https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2424368?hl=en
- All confirmation emails must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- These must be submitted by the published closing date to be considered for judging
- All entries MUST NOT include visual or written content that is deemed abusive, or has a racial, discriminative or sexual nature
- During the week of the Arts Festival, all finalist entries will be displayed within the College and West Studios
- Judging panels will consist of Chesterfield College creative industries qualified staff, representatives from the Derbyshire Times and practising industry professionals. Where a student is related to or known by a panel member, the panel member will not have a voting right and their vote will be referred to the Chief Operations Officer
- The judging panel’s decision is final.
- No responsibility can be taken for loss or damage to entries
- All entries may be used in all marketing of the Arts Festival deemed appropriate by Chesterfield College
- By entering the competition, you agree to accept the rules and conditions as outlined above
- If you need any further assistance with how to submit your entry please contact Joby Parsons on 01246500799 or email email@example.com