The policy aims to ensure that:
- Members of the Chesterfield College Group community are safeguarded and protected whilst engaged in online activity.
- There is a commitment across the College Group to identify and embed approaches to educate and raise awareness of online safety.
- Staff work safely and responsibly to role model positive behaviour online and to manage professional standards and practice when using technology.
- The College Group is effective in responding to online safety concerns.
The College identifies that the issues classified within online safety are considerable but can be broadly categorised into three areas:
1. Content: being exposed to illegal, inappropriate or harmful material;
2. Contact: being subjected to harmful online interaction with others; and
3. Conduct: personal online behaviour that increases the likelihood of, or causes, harm.