The policy and procedures aim to ensure that all individuals and groups:
1. Are treated fairly and with respect in all interactions with them.
2. Have the right to be free from harassment and bullying of any description.
3. Do not suffer unwanted behaviour, whether based on age, disability, transgender status, marital status, civil partnership status, pregnancy, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
4. Have an equal chance to contribute to achieve their potential, irrespective of any defining feature that may give rise to unfair discrimination.
5. Are able to engage with an organisation that complies fully with the Prevent Duty, and who takes active steps to equip staff and students with an understanding of Radicalisation, Extremism, and Fundamental British Values.