Once you have decided on the right course for you click ‘Apply Now’ on the course you have chosen. This will take you to our applications portal, follow this process step-by-step from there.
Alternatively, you can apply using the application form which can be found in the back of our course guide. Send it to our freepost address: FREEPOST PLUS RTLJ-AJHL-BSTS, Student Services, Chesterfield College, Infirmary Road, Chesterfield, S41 7NG
Once we receive your application we’ll send you a letter and email inviting you to an interview at college. This is your chance to make sure the course is right for you and to see where it could take you in the future. You’ll get the chance to meet your future tutors during the interview or perhaps even an activity with your chosen department. You can ask them any questions you might have about starting college and they’ll also let you know about any entry requirements for your course.
You may receive a conditional offer at your interview, which will be followed by a confirmation letter and email (with provisional enrolment dates). If you don’t get the grades you were hoping for, don’t worry! Call our careers guidance team on 01246500500 as soon as possible and we’ll be able to talk to you about alternative options.
Details of when your enrolment takes place will be sent to you in the post and via email. Enrolment for courses is in August and September. This year (2020), a majority of enrolments will take place online through your Learner Hub application portal.
The photo which will be used for your student ID can be uploaded by logging into the application portal and attaching an upload, see below for requirements and process:
The photograph must:
- Be a close-up of your full head and upper shoulders
- Contain no other objects or people
- Be taken against a plain cream or light grey background
- Be in clear contrast to the background
- Not have ‘red eye’
In your photo, you must:
- Be facing forwards and looking straight at the camera
- Have a plain expression and your mouth closed
- Have your eyes open and visible
- Not have hair in front of your eyes
- Not have a head covering (unless it’s for religious or medical reasons)
- Not have anything covering your face
- Not have any shadows on your face or behind you
We will have to reject photographs that don’t meet these requirements.
Uploading your photograph:
1) Please login to your Learner Hub/Prospect account. This is the account you created when you applied to the college.
2) Once logged in, please click on the ‘My Support Documents’ on the left hand side of your screen.
3) Then click on the ‘Document Contents’ list and select ‘Passport Style Photograph’.
4) Then click on ‘Choose Files’ and select the photograph you wish to use. You should see the file name appear once you have done this.
5) Finally click ‘Upload’. A link to the photograph will now appear at the top of your screen. If you wish to upload a different photo, simply press the delete button and follow the process again.
Alternatively you can email your photo directly to us at email@example.com with your full name and date of birth.
Please contact us if you need anything clarifying at firstname.lastname@example.org