We have a commitment to provide opportunities for all students who do not already hold a qualification in English and/or maths. We have English and maths tutors to help support you in achieving a 9-4 GCSE grade in your required subject.
As a student at Chesterfield College you will receive:
- Rigorous initial and diagnostic assessment to ensure you’re placed on the right level/course
- Clear and measurable targets for English and maths development
- Regular progress checks with continued support
- Additional support wherever required to meet your individual needs. This can be discussed during initial interview, on programme and throughout the year
You may think ‘why do I even need English and maths?’, well we’ve spoken to employers and trust us they really value these skills!
Employers have identified these skills as vital for:
- Having the practical skills to succeed in further learning, employment and life in modern society
- Applying knowledge and understanding to everyday life
- Engaging competently and confidently with customers/colleagues
- Solving problems in both familiar and unfamiliar situation