Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (part-time evening)
|Start Date:||14 September 2020|
|Funding information:||Free for Eligible 16-18 year olds. Adult funding available dependant on learner circumstances otherwise course costs apply.|
Course OverviewThis particular course is suitable for learners who are working in roles that support pupils’ learning including teaching assistants, learning support assistants and special needs assistants. This qualification is also suitable for volunteers who are beginning a career working with children in schools. This qualification may allow you to progress to the Level 3 Certificate in Supporting teaching and Learning in Schools or the Advanced Apprenticeship in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, and is designed to allow progression into or support curriculum. CACHE (The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) qualifications specialise in the care and education sector and are the leading industry specialists. This course has been developed by experts, which ensures everything that employers need is covered.
The units cover children and young people’s development, the requirements of safeguarding and the importance of equality, diversity, and inclusion. They also include:
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations, including types of schools, policies and procedures and the wider environment in which they operate
- Preparing and maintaining learning environments
- Supporting learning activities and extra-curricular activities including planning and delivery
- Supporting children and young people during play and leisure and when they are travelling outside the school
- Improving personal and team practice
To undertake this course you will need 2 references, an enhanced DBS (can be purchased through college if necessary), details of relevant current employment or arranged work placement of at least 6 hours a week. You will also need to complete a taster assignment.
Succesful completion of this course can lead you to study the Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.