In our specialist Careers and Employment Hub you can access advice and support to help you with decisions about your future career path.
Our careers team are here to help you all the way through college. We can offer support from before you even apply, right the way through college and even after you leave us. Whether it’s progressing onto the next level of study, starting work or heading to university, we’re here to help guide you.
The team provide one-to-one appointments and also deliver sessions on various topics across all areas of Chesterfield College, so you will get to know all members of the team during your time with us.
One-to-one appointments can be booked to chat about:
- Your career options
- Course changes if you think you have chosen the wrong course
- Support in your progression when you have completed the course/level of study
- Help writing a CV, searching for jobs or interview techniques
- Guidance with choosing a university course
- Support with your UCAS application and personal statement
Group work is also provided on a range of career and employability topics. These take place during your tutorial sessions. These can cover:
- Careers research
- Job interview techniques
- CV, covering letters and application forms
- UCAS & personal statements
- Student finance
The Director of Career Planning and Progression, Katie Tarrant (01246 500500 ext. 1210) is responsible for the careers provision at Chesterfield College. Roy Mason is the Careers and Admissions Manager (01246 500500 ext. 1214).