Working for us
Thank you for your interest in job vacancies at Chesterfield College. In this section you will find information about why the Chesterfield College Group is a “Great Place to Work”. You will be joining a team that is aspirational, driven and passionate about success and development. We recognise that our colleagues are at the heart of the organisation's success so value our staff with a supportive and inclusive culture complete with a great range of staff benefits and development opportunities.
Chesterfield is the largest town in the beautiful county of Derbyshire and is well positioned with the Peak District on the doorstep and easy access to the large urban areas of Sheffield, Derby and Nottingham nearby. The historic market town with the famous “Crooked Spire” is the centre of the area and nearby there is easy access to historic houses and beautiful countryside of the Chatsworth Estate and Hardwick Hall close by. The town centre has a traditional market 4 days a week and a good mix of high street names and independent retailers.
Close to the M1, the area has excellent infrastructure and transport links. Chesterfield is on the East Coast mainline and will benefit from the development of HS2 and the Council has a clear redevelopment plan for the area from the train station to the town centre which will enhance access by foot to the college.
Key employment in the local area is in healthcare, education, manufacturing and engineering, IT and communications.
Working at the Chesterfield College Group
Working at Chesterfield College means you join a team which is aspirational, driven and passionate about doing the very best for our learners and employers. Our learners are at the centre of all we do inspiring our mission statement “ Inspiring futures, changing lives” and this extends to our colleagues as well.
The Chesterfield College Group has been awarded ‘Great Place to Work’ status after achieving high levels of staff satisfaction measured by an internationally renowned institute. Great Places to Work is an international kite mark of quality operating in 50 different countries. It scores employers on staff responses to surveys and a culture audit which focuses on programmes and practices designed to improve the workplace experience for staff members.
In addition to our 'Great Place to Work' status, we have been ranked in the top 50 UK Best Workplaces for 2021. We are the only education listed in this prestigious annual rating.
Why Chesterfield College?
- Strong Local enterprise partnership links in both Sheffield City Region and D2N2
- A confidential employee assistance programme and college counsellor
- An ethos of support and development throughout the College teams
- Dedicated induction process and full range of training to support entry to working at the college
- An inclusive and supportive approach to teaching and learning where formal observations have been replaced with “ Communities of Practice “ supported by a highly experience Teaching and Learning Quality Coach
- Regular staff development days such as Learning Festivals and our recent Inclusivity days
- Strong empowerment of teachers and managers so that they can do the best for their learners
- The College has good financial health with a strong ethos of investment in capital and equipment and staff development
- Excellent levels of students support through our approaches to safeguarding and well being
- Outstanding facilities such as the brand new Digital centre
- Very strong employer links
- A leading provider regionally of Apprenticeships and commercial work with employers
What are the benefits of working at Chesterfield College?
- Competitive Salaries
- Pension schemes for academic and support staff
- Range of Flexible Working options
- *Cycle to work scheme - save at least 32% on the cost of a new bike
- Generous Holiday allowances
- Generous maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- Access to a range of Occupational Health services - free eye test vouchers, health surveillance and flu vaccinations
- Discounted leisure membership at Queens Park Sports Centre and Healthy Living Centre
- 10% staff discount at Chesterfield College Looks Salon & Spa
- Staff access to the onsite Costa Coffee shop, Refectory, Lilypad at the Arches, and the Taste Restaurant and Café
- *TCH Harrison Car Hire Scheme (qualifying period regarding service will apply)
- Discounted Legal Services through DOT Legal
- Purchase of additional annual leave
- Regular wellbeing offers/initiatives
- Internal and External Learning and Development opportunities
- Free Access to an Employee Assistance Programme – offering health advice, legal advice and counselling support
- *Westfield Health – Health cover costing as little as £5.45 per month
- Sodexo – an exciting staff employee benefits platform
- Location – in the lovely market town of Chesterfield in picturesque Derbyshire