What do you need to do to make sure you book your place?
Interested in studying university-level courses? Then take a look at our University-level prospectus 18-19.
Many students find it more convenient and cost effective to study close to home, fitting studies around their personal and part-time job commitments. We deliver higher education to over 500 students, in more than 20 subjects across a variety of sectors and subjects - all validated by our partner universities and awarding bodies.
We offer courses validated by:
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Staffordshire University
- University of Derby
Our higher level courses are delivered across our campuses which provide a welcoming environment for study. We aim to be convenient and affordable with tuition fees that suit the needs of many of our students and employers who fund the studies of their employees.
Why choose Chesterfield College for your university-level study?
- Small class sizes giving you plenty of 'tutor time'
- Very good teaching standards and tutors who are involved in research and have worked to the highest levels in the industry they teach
- Support available for academic and study skills
- Learning Facilitators to help you make the most of library resources, including online resources
- Arrangements with universities to share resources
- Bookable sessions to improve essentials such as reading, referencing, research skills and academic writing
- Plenty of access to PCs and study rooms with mobile phone and student-led booking systems
- Access to the college's Student Services team and all related support
- Careers Advice and Guidance
- The Students’ Union
- Bursaries available to both part and full-time students to help fund materials and other items related to study
At Chesterfield College our students tell us that they feel part of a learning community and progress to a wide range of positive destinations, including further study, new careers and promotions (based on responses in the DLHE 15/16 survey and 2017 NSS survey).
Not sure what you want to do? You might have a good idea of what you want to study and where you want your career to go, but if not, you will be able to get advice from one of our advisors. Our advisors will talk to you about the range of courses available and help you explore your career options. To book an appointment, contact the Careers Team on 01246 500500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: All courses are subject to recruitment. Chesterfield College undertakes responsible recruitment in line with HEFCE Higher Edcuation course changes and closures: statement of good practice.
What We Do Well
- We welcome both young and mature students into our inclusive learning environment
- We are highly-regarded for our excellence in engineering, construction and digital technologies
- We offer new courses in healthcare, education and working in public services
- We can offer a growing range of higher apprenticeships to suit those in employment
- We provide a small, bespoke and caring service where we know your first name
At Chesterfield College you can study local but go a long way.
Our courses are validated by top universities including:
The University of Derby is a Top 50 UK university* and provides students with the best possible start in their careers through excellent teaching, delivered in cutting-edge facilities by staff who are experts in their field. 96% of University of Derby students are in work or further study within six months of completing their degree**.
*The Guardian University Guide 2017
** HESA 2016, graduating class over 2000
Staffordshire University has a long standing and excellent reputation for its partnership activity. They deliver relevant, inspiring and vocationally-led courses and thus develop students who are independent thinkers.
It's an important part of Sheffield Hallam University's mission to provide access to higher education by working with high quality partners such as Chesterfield College.