What do you need to do to make sure you book your place?
Interested in studying university level courses? Then take a look at our Chesterfield College HE Prospectus 2017
Many students find it more convenient and cost effective to study close to home, fitting studies around their personal and part-time job commitments. We deliver higher education and courses, validated by local Universities, to over 500 students in more than 20 subjects across a variety of sectors and subjects.
We offer courses validated by:
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Staffordshire University
- University of Derby
Most of our higher level courses are delivered at the Tapton House Campus which provides a lovely environment for study. We aim to be convenient and affordable with tuition fees that are less than a university will charge. Not only are the tuition fees lower but because most students live locally travel and accommodation costs are reduced.
Advantages of University Level courses at Chesterfield College?
- Small class sizes giving you plenty of 'tutor time'
- Very good teaching standards, praised in our latest review by QAA
- Support available for academic and study skills
- Learning facilitators to help you make the most of library resources, including on-line resources
- Access to university resources
- Plenty of access to PCs and study rooms
- A Personal Tutor and access to College support services
- Careers Advice and Guidance
- The Students’ Union
Not sure what you want to do? You might have a good idea of what you want to study and where you want your career to go, but if not, you will be able to get advice from one of our advisors. Our advisors will talk to you about the range of courses available and help you explore your career options. To book an appointment, contact the Customer Services Team on 01246 500500.
NB: All courses are subject to numbers. Chesterfield College reserves the right to withdraw any course at any time.
Following a recent Integrated Quality & Enhancement Review (IQER) of our HE provision by the QAA, we are pleased to say that we received a very positive response from the assessors, in the areas of Academic Standards, Quality of Learning Opportuities and Public Information. They also identified a number of areas of good practice, including:
- robust management structures and processes are enhanced by the role of Higher Education Development Manager and by the effectiveness of the Higher Education Operational Group which facilitates the sharing of good practice
- the role of the Academic Infrastructure Champion develops the confidence and understanding of staff and supports the implementation of relevant aspects of the Academic Infrastructure
- employer engagement in course design and delivery provides effective support for the development of students' employability skills
- learning technology leads support and enable staff to develop their learning technology skills and this enhances the student learning experience
- robust public information audit processes ensure that the College is fully aware of inconsistencies and is able to take timely steps to address them
All educational institutions offering Higher Education course are now required to display independently collated information about its HE courses. This information is provided by Unistats. Details about Chesterfield College and its courses can be found by clicking this link.
Our courses are validated by top universities including:
Chesterfield College is an approved partner of the University of Derby.
The University of Derby is a Top 50 UK university* and provides students with the best possible start in their careers through excellent teaching, delivered in cutting-edge facilities by staff who are experts in their field. 96% of University of Derby students are in work or further study within six months of completing their degree**.
*The Guardian University Guide 2017
** HESA 2016, graduating class over 2000
Staffordshire University has a long standing and excellent reputation for its partnership activity. They deliver relevant, inspiring and vocationally-led courses and thus develop students who are independent thinkers.
It's an important part of Sheffield Hallam University's mission to provide access to higher education by working with high quality partners such as Chesterfield College.