Who are our Corporation members?
Chesterfield College is a highly successful and vibrant College based in North Derbyshire with excellent pass rates and high student success levels.
Our location is key to our success in attracting students from north and south Derbyshire, Buxton, Derby, South Yorkshire and Sheffield. Our free College buses make Chesterfield College a highly accessible and affordable choice for over 7,500 full, part time or HE students every year.
We have over 300 courses to choose from catering for a wide range of learners including foundation courses, A Levels, Apprenticeships, vocational (work related) and professional qualifications, diplomas and degrees. Many of our students go on to University, further study or straight in to work
At the core of what we do is making our students as employable as possible, providing them with life and work skills to get into work and achieve life fulfilment hence our mission statement.
“Inspiring Futures, Changing Lives”
“To be recognised locally and nationally as an outstanding college by the students, employers and communities we serve.”
We place our students at the centre of everything we do which is reflected in our key performance areas:
1. Deliver excellence: Enhance opportunities for success and increase the life
chances of our students
2. Provide outstanding services: Promote effective and enjoyable learning
through high quality teaching and support for students
3. Future proof education, employment and skills: Provide a flexible curriculum
offer which is responsive to the skills needs of our students and businesses
4. Develop a highly skilled workforce: Recruit passionate high quality staff,
encourage and provide further continuing professional development
5. Build effective partnerships: Build effective partnerships and strategic
alliances which are based on mutual trust and shared ambition
6. Maximise resources: Maintain our financial stability and deliver value for
money through effective and efficient use of resources
7. Provide a vibrant and safe learning environment: Continue to provide a safe
and inclusive learning environment which is supported by the use of
Below you can find some of our key policies and procedures:
- Safeguarding Policy
- Equality and Diversity Policy
- Complaints Procedure
- Financial Regulations
- Annual Report
- Freedom of Information
- Our Funding Bodies
- Chesterfield College Sub Contractor Funding 14-15
- Supply Chain and Subcontracting Policy
- TS2000 Ltd Sub Contractor fees 14-15
- Latest Ofsted report - Good with Outstanding features
- 2017-18 Full Time Course Guide
College student term dates:
Monday 12th September 2016 (13 weeks)
Friday 16 December 2016
Closed Half Term Holiday Monday 24 October 2016 to Friday 28 October 2016
Meet the team that make our key decisions.