Meet the team that make our key decisions.
The Chesterfield College Group is a leading provider of further education, higher education, apprenticeships and professional training, with a national reputation for the quality of our provision and the high standards of customer service and support we offer.
Chesterfield College is located near to the town centre of Chesterfield and attracts students from across South Yorkshire and Derbyshire. The college is very much at the heart of the community it serves and provides a range of courses that aim to offer a route into education and training for everyone, whatever level they are working at. The college works closely with local employers and researches labour marketing information and industry projections to ensure that the curriculum offer reflects the needs of the area.
This ensures that our students enrol on a course that has clear pathways to further study and/or employment opportunities once they leave us. Learning Unlimited is the employer engagement arm of the organisation, with offices and training centres in key strategic locations throughout the country.
At present, Learning Unlimited has teams based in Chesterfield, Nottingham, Derby, Birmingham and Manchester, working with over 1,900 different employers ranging from sole traders and SMEs to national companies and global brands. In the past two years we have provided apprenticeships and other work-based training to Nestle, Bombardier, the Post Office, Royal Mail, the NHS, Balfour Beatty, Tarmac and Derbyshire County Council. Learning Unlimited is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships in the country, currently delivering 55 different frameworks across a wide range of industries.
In total, the Chesterfield College Group has over 10,000 students and apprentices enrolled on a classroom course or work-based training. Our achievement rates are 2.1% above the national average for 16-18 year olds and 2.9% above the national average for adults. Our apprenticeship achievement rates are 3.5% above the national benchmark (and 16.4% above the national benchmark for Learning Unlimited Derby students). 98.9% of all classroom-based students and 93.9% of all work-based students, progress to a positive destination when they leave us (paid employment or further study).
In 2016 we were placed joint third in the country by FE Week, based on learner satisfaction, employer satisfaction, destination data and apprenticeship growth.
“Inspiring Futures, Changing Lives”
“To be recognised locally and nationally as an outstanding college by the students, employers and communities we serve.”
We place our students at the centre of everything we do which is reflected in our key performance areas:
1. Deliver excellence: Enhance opportunities for success and increase the life
chances of our students
2. Provide outstanding services: Promote effective and enjoyable learning
through high quality teaching and support for students
3. Future proof education, employment and skills: Provide a flexible curriculum
offer which is responsive to the skills needs of our students and businesses
4. Develop a highly skilled workforce: Recruit passionate high quality staff,
encourage and provide further continuing professional development
5. Build effective partnerships: Build effective partnerships and strategic
alliances which are based on mutual trust and shared ambition
6. Maximise resources: Maintain our financial stability and deliver value for
money through effective and efficient use of resources
7. Provide a vibrant and safe learning environment: Continue to provide a safe
and inclusive learning environment which is supported by the use of
SUMMER TERM - 24th April - 28th July 2017
SPRING BANK HOLIDAY - 29th June - 2nd July 2017
CHRISTMAS CLOSURE - 21st Dec - 2nd Jan 2017/18
EASTER CLOSURE - 30th March - 3rd April 2018
MAY BANK HOLIDAYS - 7th May 2018 and 28th, 29th May 2018
AUGUST BANK HOLIDAY - 27th August 2018
Below you can find some of our key policies and procedures:
- Safeguarding Policy
- Equality and Diversity Policy
- Complaints Procedure
- Financial Regulations
- Freedom of Information at Chesterfield College Group
- Our Funding Bodies
- Chesterfield College Subcontracting funding 15-16
- Learning Unlimited Derby Subcontracting funding 15-16
- Supply Chain and Subcontracting Policy
- TS2000 Ltd Sub Contractor fees 14-15
- Latest Ofsted report - Good with Outstanding features
- 2017-18 Full Time Course Guide
- Chesterfield College HE Prospectus 2017
- Accounts - Chesterfield College - 2015-16
- Accounts - Recruit Unlimited - 2015-16
- Accounts- TS2000 2015-16
- Accounts - Chesterfield College accounts 2014-15
- Accounts - Recruit Unlimited accounts 2014-15
- Accounts - TS 2000 (Learning Unlimited Derby) accounts 2014-15
Our Corporation help to make the key decisions which impact on the direction of the Chesterfield College Group.