Vehicle Accident Repair
Our range of vehicle accident repair courses are designed to give you the skills to become a qualified vehicle body repair technician or vehicle refinishing technician. You’ll be trained to work with the latest technologies in our simulated workshop environment and our industry trained and enthusiastic tutors will equip you with all the skills and knowledge you need. Courses at all levels give you hands-on, practical experience working with the latest vehicle technology, which is invaluable when entering full-time employment. At Chesterfield College we benefit from strong links with a number of employers in the vehicle accident repair sector, meaning we know the skills they’re looking for in future employees and can tailor our courses to meet these needs.
- The average wage for a vehicle technician is £21,500 and can rise to £28,000 a year for lead technicians
- There are approximately 16,000 motor vehicle body repair jobs in the East Midlands
- There will be an estimated 8% increase in vehicle paint technician jobs in East Derbyshire in the next year
Students wishing to learn how to repair accident damaged vehicles will be trained in one of three specially equipped workshops next to the main campus. You’ll be trained to the highest standard, gaining industry recognised quali cations whilst using some of the latest technologies, equipment and techniques that are used in the accident repair industry today. Whilst on one of our courses you’ll have the opportunity to use and be trained on:
- Panel repair tools
- MIG/MAG welding equipment
- Computerised chassis alignment jig
- Industry standard spray booths
- Specialist paint mixing equipment
- Refinishing tools, spray guns and paint application equipment
Thanks to the quality of training and teaching we offer, our vehicle accident repair centre was recently crowned ‘Educational Training Centre of the Year 2015’. We also encourage students to use their skills outside of the classroom and in the last three years we have coached and trained one bronze and two gold medal winning apprentices in the auto part of the WorldSkills UK competition.