Latest covid procedures on campus
Students and Apprentices,
Following the Government’s ‘Living with COVID-19’ announcement, we have reviewed our policies in line with DfE guidance and can provide the following update.
To reduce the risk of the virus spreading and to avoid disruption to teaching and learning, students and apprentices who test positive are required to stay at home and avoid contact with other people for at least 5 full days, until they have received 2 negative lateral flow test results on consecutive days, or ten days whichever the sooner – please see attached guidance for self-isolation and testing.
COVID-19 cases continue to be very high and so it is essential we continue to be ‘Kind, Respect and Protect’ each other. We therefore strongly recommend everyone follows the following guidance to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19.
- Face Coverings
- We strongly encourage everyone to wear a face covering in all college social spaces, particularly in busy enclosed spaces such as corridors and lifts.
- Tutors may request students and apprentices to wear a face covering when working in close proximity, for example in workshops, kitchens or when undertaking group work.
- Hygiene & Ventilation – simple and easy hygiene routines remain highly effective:
- Continue to maintain two metres social distancing where possible.
- Ensure good hygiene for everyone including frequent handwashing prior to entering the classroom.
- Students and apprentices should wear warmer indoor clothing during the winter to allow the windows to be opened to ventilate teaching areas.
- Keep spaces well ventilated.
- Catch it, bin it, kill it! Remember germs spread easily. Always carry tissues and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Dispose of your tissue as soon as possible. Then clean your hands as soon as you can.
- If you develop COVID-19 symptoms, you should self-isolate immediately and take a PCR test , even if your symptoms are mild and you have received one or more doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
- Please continue to test twice weekly, at home, using lateral flow device test kits.
We anticipate these measures will remain in place until the Easter break, when we will carry out a further review based upon both the local and national COVID-19 infection rates.
Thank you for your ongoing support in helping to keep our college community safe.
Principal and CEO