Entries now welcome for the Young Artist of the Year 2018 competition
You have the chance to be crowned the Derbyshire Young Artist of the Year in your chosen category and have your work exhibited throughout our 2018 Arts Festival. You should find everything you need on this page to help you with your entry. Closing date is the 1 June 2018.
If you need any more information please contact Hannah Bowdler at email@example.com or on 01246 500799.
Please make sure you have read and understood the competition rules below before entering the competition.
Arts Festival Dates: 18 – 29 June Venue: Chesterfield College Main Campus, Infirmary Road, Chesterfield + West Studios, Sheffield Road, Chesterfield
- Visual Arts (painting, illustration, collage)
- 3D Art (sculpture)
Age Group Categories:
- Years 4-6
- Years 7-9
- Years 10-13
Number of entries:
Students may submit one entry in each category only.
Closing date for all entries:
12pm, 1 June 2018
All entries must be accompanied with full name, school name, year of study, address, contact telephone number and email as well as a brief description and title of work.
Email entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal entries must be sent to – Hannah Bowdler, West Studios (Chesterfield College), Sheffield Road, Chesterfield, S41 7LL
Judging will take place on 5 June 2018 and finalists will be announced that day.
Winners will be announced at the opening of their works being exhibited on 7 June 2018 at Chesterfield College/West Studios.
All categories must be inspired by the open brief of ‘What’s most important to me’.
- Photography - One digital photo per entrant, uploaded/submitted as per guidelines given above. Entries should follow the open creative brief above. Files must be hi-res and not in a Microsoft Word document
- Visual Art - Create a piece of visual art that you think reflects the above open creative brief. This could take the form of an illustration, painting or collage. Entries must not be bigger than A1 in size
- 3D Art - Create a sculpture made of any material that reflects the open creative brief
Rules of entry:
- All entries must be your own work, or work of the group
- Entrants who are over 18 give their permission for their work, photos and name to be published in printed and online press and media
- Students are restricted to one entry per category
- Students must submit their entries in one of two ways: Via hard copy (including USB sticks) to West Studios reception, Sheffield Road, Chesterfield, S41 7LL OR Via Dropbox or Wetransfer and send a confirmation email of the link to your entry. You can find out to upload your work to Dropbox here All confirmation emails must be sent to: email@example.com
- Entries must be submitted by the published closing date to be considered for judging
- All entries MUST NOT include visual or written content that is deemed abusive, or has a racial, discriminative or sexual nature
- During the week of the Arts Festival, all finalist entries will be displayed within the College and West Studios
- Judging panels will consist of Chesterfield College creative industries qualified staff, representatives from the Derbyshire Times and practising industry professionals. Where a student is related to or known by a panel member, the panel member will not have a voting right and their vote will be referred to the Director of Learning
- The judging panel’s decision is final.
- No responsibility can be taken for loss or damage to entries
- All entries may be used in all marketing of the Arts Festival deemed appropriate by Chesterfield College
- By entering the competition, you agree to accept the rules and conditions as outlined above
- If you need any further assistance with how to submit your entry please contact Hannah Bowdler on 01246500799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org