High grades are in your hands – Making the most of learning through lockdown
After the government announcement that the majority of examinations are cancelled for this year, this means that your knowledge, skills and abilities will be assessed in alternative way.
Your grades will now be continually assessed by your tutor – this means that the work you do in class, the knowledge you can demonstrate, the projects you work on, the presentations you deliver and the portfolio you create, will all be used to assess you and what you have learnt.
Between now and the end of the academic year, it is vital that you take every opportunity to work towards a higher grade – the opportunity for you to showcase your ability is in your hands.
What do you need to do?
- Attend every session and continue with your learning – a missed online class may affect your tutor’s ability to assess you
- Complete all set work – the more you do, the greater the opportunity to achieve higher grades
- Get involved – be an active participant in class and find ways to demonstrate what you have learned
- Go the extra mile – if there are any opportunities for additional project work, work placements or other experiences, put yourself forward
What do higher grades mean for you?
- Improve your CV when applying for jobs
- Puts you ahead of the competition when applying for apprenticeship vacancies
- Improves your chances of obtaining a place on popular degree courses at distinguished universities
Everything you do from now until the end of your course will be assessed – this is your time to shine and make the most of your learning at college. Speak to your tutor to find out more about the criteria for achieving a higher grade on your study programme.