Update – Covid-19 safety protocols at college
A message for all of our students and apprentices from Principal Julie Richards as we prepare for the start of a new college year.
As infection rates continue to rise across the Chesterfield area, I would appreciate if you could read and observe the following requests regarding our COVID practices for students.
- I ask, once again, for your support in keeping the college safe and to ensure the continuation of face-to-face learning by wearing a face covering in all communal areas of the college and, when requested, by your teacher/tutor.
- Face coverings are now available in every classroom and both teaching staff and members of the Senior Leadership Team will be encouraging you to wear them when leaving each lesson.
- Please be especially mindful of the risks in transmitting the virus in the lifts and, wherever possible, please use the stairs and wear face coverings when travelling in lifts.
- Replenishment stocks of lateral flow testing kits will be handed out during lessons next week and I ask that all students and apprentices continue to undertake tests at home over the half-term break.
- I request that students and apprentices wear warmer indoor clothing as we enter into winter to allow the windows to be opened to ventilate teaching areas.
- All other COVID protocols, including good hygiene routines and social distancing, remain in place.
I understand and appreciate that with so many restrictions over the last 18 months, continuing to adhere to COVID protocols in college when many of the restrictions have been relaxed by the Government may appear unnecessary, however, we are a large college community and therefore I ask you to support us in working together to keep everyone safe. The Government does continue to recommend that face coverings should be worn in crowded areas and where social distancing is difficult to achieve.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
Principal and CEO
The Chesterfield College Group