BTEC HNC in BusinessApply now
- Awarding body:
- Pearson Education
- Level 5
- 2 years = 1 year HNC + 1 year HND
- Higher education course fee:
- £5995 - This includes registration fees and is an annual cost.
- Higher Education Student Loan or Sponsorship
- Higher education bursary:
- FT courses only
This course provides students with the opportunity to prepare for a career in the ever-changing world of business. You will cover areas such as marketing, finance, human resources, strategy and managing people – giving you the knowledge you need to excel in the industry.You'll study a wide range of units, including:
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business and business environment
- Marketing essentials
- Human resource management
- Management accountancy
- Managing a business project
- Undertaking a research project
Methods of assessment
Methods of assessment include:
- Coursework assignments
- Group assignments
- Live project briefs
- Work-based projects
Who is this course for?
The HND can be studied full-time over two years. You will be required to attend college lectures and seminars for 10 hours per week. You will also need to dedicate some time to self-study and research.
- Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject
- GCSE English and maths at grade C/4 or above (or Level 2 equivalent)
- Mature students with relevant experience will also be considered
What other experience will I gain?
The course includes a placement which enables students to develop relevant practical skills, in addition to undertaking live projects.
Where will this lead?
You can choose to ‘top up’ your qualification to a full honours degree at Chesterfield College. We work in partnership with Staffordshire University to provide a route in to the third year of study on to a BA (Hons) Business and Management Studies degree.What are my career options?
What Ofsted say
...enthusiastic teachers use their skills and expertise to plan exciting and challenging activities that stimulate learning and meet individual needs. (Ofsted 2013)