BTEC HNC in BusinessApply now
- Awarding body:
- Pearson Education
- Level 5
- 2 years = 1 year HNC + 1 year HND
- Higher education course fee:
- £5995 - This includes registration fees and is an annual cost.
- Higher Education Student Loan or Sponsorship
- Higher education bursary:
- FT courses only
This course provides students with the opportunity to prepare for a career in the ever-changing world of business. You will cover areas such as marketing, finance, human resources, strategy and managing people – giving you the knowledge you need to excel in the industry.You'll study a wide range of units, including:
- Organisational Behaviour
- Business and business environment
- Marketing essentials
- Human resource management
- Management accountancy
- Managing a business project
- Undertaking a research project
Methods of assessment
Methods of assessment include:
- Coursework assignments
- Group assignments
- Live project briefs
- Work-based projects
Who is this course for?
The HND can be studied full-time over two years. You will be required to attend college lectures and seminars for 10 hours per week. You will also need to dedicate some time to self-study and research.
- Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject
- GCSE English and maths at grade C/4 or above (or Level 2 equivalent)
- Mature students with relevant experience will also be considered
What other experience will I gain?
The course includes a placement which enables students to develop relevant practical skills, in addition to undertaking live projects.
Where will this lead?
You can choose to ‘top up’ your qualification to a full honours degree at Chesterfield College. We work in partnership with Staffordshire University to provide a route in to the third year of study on to a BA (Hons) Business and Management Studies degree.What are my career options?