UAL Level 3 Diploma in Art and Design (Graphics)Apply now
- Art, Design & Fashion
- Level 3
- 16-18 School Leavers
- 1 year
- Interview Required:
- Age 16-18 Cost:
- No cost
- Age 19 or Over:
- Funding Assisted:
- Yes - If it's your first full Level 3 and you're aged 19-23 your course is funded otherwise Advanced learner loans are available
You will study three distinct stages:
- Visual language and communication
- Creative problem solving
- Application of the creative process
Projects within these stages will explore:
- The understanding of design principles
- Exploring visual and graphic language
- Exploring typography and communication
- Traditional and digital image making
- Historical and contemporary influences on design
- Professional practice
Who is this course for?
The 90 Credit Diploma is a qualification in its own right, equivalent to 1.5 A-Levels, and a few students choose to leave the college with this qualification. It's the first year of a two year course at the end of which you can progress onto the extended diploma. Ideally you will have achieved 4 GCSEs at Grade C/4 and above or equivalent, with one preferably being held in an art design or creative subject.
Ideally you will have achieved 4 GCSEs at Grade C/4 and above or equivalent, with one preferably being held in an art design or creative subject.
What other experience will I gain?
We have excellent facilities in this creative field to help you hone your skills and express your creativity. Our tutors have years of experience in their chosen field too so they can point you in the right direction when looking for employment or setting up your own business. We even have our own creative studios on-site called West Studios which houses a wide range of practicing creative businesses.
Where will this lead?
You will be able to progress to the extended diploma in a related subject or leave with the equivalent of 1.5 A Levels in search of employment in the industry.What are my career options?