Photography (evening course)Apply now
- Level 1
- 10 weeks
- Interview Required:
- Age 16-18 Cost:
- Age 19 or Over:
- Funding Assisted:
Modules on this course include:
- Photography materials – what’s on the market and what do you need?
- Photography techniques – choosing the right technique for the situation/subject
- Dark room – learn how to process and print
- Digital editing – using suites of the latest industry standard technology
- Studio work and lighting – learn how to get the best out of our large, professional studio space
- Camera skills (digital and film) – have you perfected your manual focus skills yet?
- Portrait photography – learn how to get the best results when photographing people
- Experimenting with light – you’ll learn that light is your new best friend once you discover how good it can make your photos look
- Creative practice, techniques and support to develop photo-skills of your choice
Who is this course for?
Got a passion for photography and want to improve your skills? Join our photography evening course and take your skills to the next level. No matter if you're a beginner or you want to build on existing skills this course will enable you to develop your skills and knowledge. Throughout this 10-session course, tutors will pass on their knowledge, help you improve your skills and provide you with the tips, tricks and advice you’ll need to become a better photographer. Ideal for beginners and those with existing photography skills. Basic materials and access to cameras will be provided. Monday nights from 6-9pm at the Infirmary Road Campus.
Start dates for this course:
- 8th January 2018 - Mondays 6-9pm
- 9th April 2018 - Mondays 6-9pm
There are no entry requirements for this course.
What other experience will I gain?
We offer fantastic Photography facilities at our Infirmary Road campus (even a dark room!) and our tutors have years of industry experience, giving you the most out of your course. Develop your skills and knowledge through hands-on practice using our extensive digital and traditional photography facilities. Our tutors are all practising professional photographers with years of experience in the industry.
Where will this lead?
We have a wide range of other creative courses available at the College and even provide the opportunity to incubate new creative businesses if you'd like to make a career of your new skills.What are my career options?