HND in Construction and the Built EnvironmentApply now
- Awarding body:
- Pearson Education
- Level 5
- 2 years
- Higher education course fee:
- £5995 - This includes registration fees and is an annual cost.
- Higher Education Student Loan or Sponsorship
- Higher education bursary:
- FT courses only
This course is designed for those who want to take their career in the construction industry to a higher technical level. You’ll cover topics such as architecture, surveying, building control and construction management. You’ll also learn about environmental impact and the construction and maintenance of buildings. Modules include:
- Building design
- Contractual procedures
- Environmental impact
- Construction and maintenance of buildings
- Project management
Methods of assessment
Methods of assessment include:
- Course Work
- Group assignments
- Work-based projects
Who is this course for?
The HND is a two year full-time course (6 hours per week). You will also need to dedicate some time to self-study and research.
- HNC in Construction and the Built Environment
- GCSE English and maths at grade C or above (or Level 2 equivalent)
- Mature students with relevant experience will also be considered
What other experience will I gain?
You'll have the chance to learn from experienced professional within your chosen area of study. It means you're getting taught by people who really know what they're talking about - they've been there, done that!
Where will this lead?
Successful completion of the course course can lead to a relevant top-up degree at a local university. It will also provide the opportunity to develop a career in the rapidly expanding sustainable construction market.What are my career options?
What Ofsted say
‘There is an enhancement to the course not often seen in FE. There is genuine feeling of university level education taking place’ Alan, External Verifier.