Level 2 Award in MOT testingApply now
- Automotive Mechanics
- Level 2
- 6 weeks
- Interview Required:
- 6 February 2018
- 22 March 2018
- Age 16-18 Cost:
- Age 19 or Over:
- Funding Assisted:
You will study a number of units including:
- Safe working practices in the vehicle test centre
- How to maintain good working relationships within the vehicle test centre
- How to manage your own professional development as an MOT tester
- How to carry out pre-test checks for a statutory periodic roadworthiness test
- How to carry out a statutory periodic roadworthiness test
Who is this course for?
This course starts on Tuesday 6th February 2018 then runs every Tuesday and Thursday evening 17:30-20:00. During the final week you'll attend 17:00-21:00 on Tuesday 20th March, Wednesday 21st March and Thursday 22nd March. Anyone who wants to become an MOT Tester or an Authorised Examiner/ Designated Manager will need to achieve this qualification to apply for their licence. You will need to fulfil certain criteria in order to become an MOT Tester, such as holding a current and full UK Driving Licence for the class of vehicle you wish to test. A full list of qualifying criteria in order to become a full qualified MOT tester will be outlined to you in your interview.
- A Level 3 qualification appropriate to the vehicle you are testing
- 4 years experience employed in the automotive industry working on the vehicles you would be testing (apprentices that have been employed for 4 years are eligible)
- A UK driving license in the same vehicle classification
- Have a current and full UK driving licence for the vehicle classes you want to test
What other experience will I gain?
All of the tutors have years of industry experience behind them and as such can teach you exactly what is required to succeed in the industry. As such, they have close links to big names in the local, regional and national Vehicle Technology industry so can advise you as to what opportunities are currently out there in the world of work. Guest speakers from across the industry will give you a broader understanding of the marketplace too.
Where will this lead?
Learners who achieve this qualification will be able to apply for a licence to become an Authorised Examiner (AE)/Authorised Examiner Designated Manager (AEDM).Level 3 Award in MOT Management 3429 03.What are my career options?
What Ofsted say
...enthusiastic teachers use their skills and expertise to plan exciting and challenging activities that stimulate learning and meet individual needs. (Ofsted 2013)