Level 1 FA Award in Coaching FootballApply now
- Level 1
- 2 weeks
- Interview Required:
- Age 16-18 Cost:
- Age 19 or Over:
- Funding Assisted:
Want to be the next Fergie or Jose? This course will introduce some key aspects of following areas as an introduction to football coaching:
- Player and coach development
- The 'FA's Respect Programme'
- Laws of the game
- An introduction to the 'FA's Long Term Player Development Model
- An introduction to 'Football for All'
- FA 'Emergency Aid'
- FA 'Safeguarding Children in Football'
- Saturday 13th June (9am-1pm at Chesterfield College, and then 2pm-4.30pm at Langer Lane)
- Sunday 14th June (9am-4pm at Langer Lane)
- Monday 15th June (6pm-9pm at Chesterfield College)
- Thursday 18th June (6pm-9pm at Chesterfield College)
- Saturday 20th June 2015 (9am-1pm at Chesterfield College and 2pm-4.30pm at Langer Lane)
- Sunday 21st June (9am -4pm at Langer Lane)
The course will run on:
Who is this course for?
Are you interested in supporting the development of your local community football club? Would you like to coach your team/your son's/daughter's local football team? Perhaps you'd like to start your journey into the football coaching industry? This course is a great start!
This introductory course has been produced by FA Learning to help those who are new to football coaching and working with young players to understand more about coaching and the role of the coach.
Unfortunately you must be at least 16 years old to sign up for this course.
What other experience will I gain?
You'll be taught by a qualified coach in top class facilities to help you get the most out of your course.
Where will this lead?
This course could lead into the FA Level 2 Award in Coaching Football.What are my career options?
What Ofsted say
Particularly good information, advice and guidance ensure learners (including Apprentices) are on the appropriate programmes. (Ofsted 2013)