Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness - Part-timeApply now
- Health & Social Care
- Level 2
- 10 weeks
- Interview Required:
- Age 16-18 Cost:
- Age 19 or Over:
- Funding Assisted:
This certificated qualification from NCFE consists of 10 mandatory units that are assessed using work booklets. Course content includes:
- Understanding Mental Health
- Understanding Stress
- Understanding Anxiety
- Understanding Phobias
- Understanding Depression
- Understanding Post-Natal Depression
- Understanding Bipolar Disorder
- Understanding Schizophrenia
- Understanding Eating Disorders
Who is this course for?
Mental health problems are found in people of all ages, regions, countries and societies. It is estimated that 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year. This qualification aims to raise awareness of mental health and a range of mental health conditions and the problems that could cause mental ill-health. This qualification is especially suited to anyone interested in going into the health and/or social care sector.
What other experience will I gain?
You'll be taught by professionals in the industry who'll be able to offer all of their advice and guidance.
Where will this lead?
Progression could include (depending on existing qualifications attained):
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Intermediate Level Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care
- Introduction to Health and Social Care – Care Certificate
- Other awareness raising courses on dementia, substance misuse, healthcare support and counselling skills