Level 1 NVQ Certificate in HairdressingApply now
- Hair, Beauty and Holistic Therapies
- Level 1
- 16-18 School Leavers
- 1 year
- Interview Required:
- Age 16-18 Cost:
- No cost
- Age 19 or Over:
- Funding Assisted:
- Yes dependant on your circumstances
Key modules on this course include:
- Blow-drying Women's Hair
- Assisting in Hairdressing Colouring Services
- Assisting in Hairdressing Perming Services
- Shampooing and Conditioning Techniques for Hair and Scalp
- Styling Women's Hair using Plaiting and Twisting Techniques
Who is this course for?
This course is perfect for anyone who has a passion for Hairdressing and wants to take the first steps in pursuing a career in this competitive industry.
You will need to have completed compulsory education.
What other experience will I gain?
As well as being able to go on a range of trips around the country you'll have the opportunity to work with overseas students through international links with partner colleges. One example of this is the strong exchange programme we have with Takasaki Beauty Mode College, Japan.
Where will this lead?
Following this course you can progress into employment, Level 2 courses or Intermediate Apprenticeships.What are my career options?