HNC Public ServicesApply now
- Awarding body:
- Pearson Education
- Level 4
- 1 year
- Higher education course fee:
- Available upon request - Please call Sharon Woodward-Baker on 01246500764.
- Higher Education Student Loan or Sponsorship
- Higher education bursary:
- FT courses only
This course is designed to give you the skills required to pursue a career in the public services, both uniformed or non-uniformed. You’ll study criminal behaviour, law and justice, and emergency planning as well as gaining in-depth knowledge of the public sector.
Modules include:Organisation and behaviour
Methods of assessment
Methods of assessment include:
- Research tasks and projects
- Case studies
- Written assignments
- Time constrained exercises
- Practical assessments
- Reflective records
- Blogs and podcasts
Who is this course for?
The HNC can be studied over one year. You will be required to attend college lectures and seminars for 12 hours per week. You will also need to dedicate some time to self-study and research.
- Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject
- GCSE English and maths at grade C or above (or Level 2 equivalent)
- Mature students with relevant experience will also be considered
What other experience will I gain?
The course will give you the time-management, team membership and leadership skills required for success and future employment in the public services professions. Our expert tutors have years of industry experience and can help you to progress down your chosen career pathway in public services.
Where will this lead?
Successful completion of this course can lead to a wide range of roles including: Youth work, Victim support, Community safety, Police volunteer schemes and Health administration jobs.What are my career options?
What Ofsted say
...enthusiastic teachers use their skills and expertise to plan exciting and challenging activities that stimulate learning and meet individual needs. (Ofsted 2013)