Level 3 Food SafetyApply now
- Hospitality & Catering
- Level 3
- 3 days
- Interview Required:
- Age 16-18 Cost:
- Ask for details
- Age 19 or Over:
- Ask for details
- Funding Assisted:
Accrediated by CIEH, the course includes:
- Implementation and supervision of food safety management systems
- Food safety procedures
- The concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them
- Understanding the terminology, with respect to supervising food safety
- Understanding of the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety
- Appreciation of the risks linked to cross contamination
- Food temperature control and food safety
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for managers and supervisors in small, medium or large catering, manufacturing or retail businesses. The training is particularly relevant for those who have to develop or monitor HACCP based food safety management procedures and systems.
You will need to already have a basic understanding of basic food hygiene. Ideally, you should also already hold a Level 2 Award in Food Safety.
What other experience will I gain?
You'll be taught by professionals in the industry who'll be able to offer all of their advice and guidance.
Where will this lead?
In line with the National Occupational Standards reflecting sector-specific needs, this qualification provides a thorough understanding of food safety procedures; emphasising the importance of monitoring staff and controls. It provides supervisory staff in teh food business, who are accountable for food safety, with the confidence and knowledge required to delvier their job effectively.What are my career options?
What Ofsted say
Particularly good information, advice and guidance ensure learners (including Apprentices) are on the appropriate programmes. (Ofsted 2013)