Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional CookeryApply now
- Hospitality & Catering
- Level 2
- 16-18 School Leavers
- 1 year
- Interview Required:
- Age 16-18 Cost:
- No cost
- Age 19 or Over:
- Funding Assisted:
- First Full Level 2 for 19-23 otherwise dependant on learners circumstances
You will learn how to:
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Critical to a chef, learn how to maintain , handle and clean knives
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Prepare a variety of meats for basic dishes
Who is this course for?
If you already have a basic understanding of cookery and would like to pursue a career in the industry further this is the course for you.
You'll need to hold a Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to the hospitality Industry or NVQ L 1 Certificate Food Preparation & Cooking, or have experience of working in the industry to Commi Chef Level.
What other experience will I gain?
The College has a fully functional restaurant and bistro that are open to the public giving you valuable experience. You'll have the opportunity to work with large companies, for example, Manchester City Football Club within their Private Corporate Hospitality Boxes and possible overseas work placements through international links with partner colleges.
Where will this lead?
Level 3 courses, Employment, Professional Qualifications, Higher ApprenticeshipsWhat are my career options?