Level 1 NVQ Certificate in Food preparation and CookingApply now
- Hospitality & Catering
- Level 1
- 16-18 School Leavers
- 1 year
- Interview Required:
- Age 16-18 Cost:
- No cost
- Age 19 or Over:
- Funding Assisted:
- Yes dependant on your circumstances
You will learn how to:
- Maintain a safe hygienic secure working environment
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Prepare and cook vegetables
- Prepare hot and cold sandwiches
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who has a passion for Hospitality and Catering and a willingness to work as part of a team.
What other experience will I gain?
The College has a fully functional restaurant and bistro that are open to the public giving you valuable experience. You'll have the opportunity to attend external catering events, for example past students have attended The Derbyshire Food and Drink Festival. You'll also have the opportunity to go on trips around the country to visit professional working enviorments in action.
Where will this lead?
Level 2 courses, Employment, Professional qualifications, Intermediate ApprenticeshipsWhat are my career options?