Higher National Diploma in Engineering (RQF) Part-timeApply now
- Awarding body:
- Pearson Education
- Level 5
- 2 years
- Part-time or Full-time
- Higher education course fee:
- Available upon request - Please call us on 01246500500 ext 2102.
- Higher Education Student Loan or Sponsorship
- Engineering design
- Engineering maths
- Engineering science
- Managing a Professional Engineering Project
- Mechanical Principles
- Fluid Mechanics
- Fundamentals of Thermodynamics and heat engines
- Computer aided design and manufacture
Methods of assessment
Methods of assessment include:
- Research proposals and projects
- Written assignments
- Case study analysis
Who is this course for?
The HND in Mechanical Engineering builds on the HNC. It's ideal for you if you work in the sector and are seeking to enhance your career prospects by furthering your knowledge and skills to a higher level. You can choose to study this course on a full or part-time basis. On the full-time pathway you will attend college lectures and seminars for two days a week over two years. On the part-time pathway you will attend college for one day a week. You will also need to dedicate some time to self-study and research.
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Mechanical, Operations and Maintenance or General Engineering
- A Level Maths and a physical science (typically physics)
- Mature students with relevant experience will also be considered
What other experience will I gain?
Our tutors have years of industry experience which will be of great benefit to you when putting your skills into practice in a work setting.
Where will this lead?
The world of engineering is vast and as an electrical engineer you will have opportunities to work in:
- Aerospace engineering
- Advanced manufacturing
- Chemical engineering
- Software development
- Virtual reality
You can also ‘top-up’ to a full honours degree and eventually to charted engineer status (CENG).What are my career options?