Higher National Certificate in Engineering (RQF)Apply now
- Awarding body:
- Pearson Education
- Level 4
- 2 years
- Part-time or Full-time
- Higher education course fee:
- Available upon request - Please call Sharon Woodward-Baker on 01246500764.
- Higher Education Student Loan or Sponsorship
- Engineering design
- Engineering maths
- Engineering science
- Managing a Professional Engineering Project
- Mechanical Principles
- Fluid Mechanics
- Fundamentals of Thermodynamics and heat engines
- Computer aided design and manufacture
Methods of assessment
Methods of assessment include:
- Research proposals and projects
- Written assignments
- Case study analysis
Who is this course for?
You can choose to study this course on a full or part-time basis. On the full-time pathway you will attend college lectures and seminars for two days a week over two years. On the part-time pathway you will attend college for one day a week. You will also need to dedicate some time to self-study and research.
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Mechanical, Operations and Maintenance or General Engineering
- A Level Maths and a physical science (typically physics)
- Mature students with relevant experience will also be considered
What other experience will I gain?
Our tutors have years of industry experience which will be of great benefit to you when putting your skills into practice in a work setting.
Where will this lead?
You can choose to progress on to the HND Diploma in Mechanical Engineering which in available at college.What are my career options?
What Ofsted say
Teaching and learning is good with a significant proportion being outstanding. (Ofsted 2013)