Higher National Certificate in Engineering (RQF)Apply now
- Awarding body:
- Pearson Education
- Level 4
- 2 years
- Part-time or Full-time
- Higher education course fee:
- Available upon request - Please call Sharon Woodward-Baker on 01246500764.
- Higher Education Student Loan or Sponsorship
- Engineering design
- Engineering maths
- Engineering science
- Managing a Professional Engineering Project
- Mechanical Principles
- Fluid Mechanics
- Fundamentals of Thermodynamics and heat engines
- Computer aided design and manufacture
Methods of assessment
Methods of assessment include:
- Research proposals and projects
- Written assignments
- Case study analysis
Who is this course for?
You can choose to study this course on a full or part-time basis. On the full-time pathway you will attend college lectures and seminars for two days a week over two years. On the part-time pathway you will attend college for one day a week. You will also need to dedicate some time to self-study and research.
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Mechanical, Operations and Maintenance or General Engineering
- A Level Maths and a physical science (typically physics)
- Mature students with relevant experience will also be considered
What other experience will I gain?
Our tutors have years of industry experience which will be of great benefit to you when putting your skills into practice in a work setting.
Where will this lead?
You can choose to progress on to the HND Diploma in Mechanical Engineering which in available at college.What are my career options?