UAL Level 3 TV, Film & Visual Effects – September 2020
|Start Date:||07 September 2020|
|Funding information:||Free For Eligible 16-18 year olds and First Full L3 for 19-23 year olds. Adult Learner Loans available, course costs apply.|
Course OverviewThis course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills nessessary within the sector to progress to degree level study or employment in the media sector. This is for students who already have an interest in the media industry and wish to explore, develop and test their creativity. This course is stimulating and demanding and you will acquire practical skills and theoretical knowledge that underpins the practice of media. The focus of this course is media production within the film and TV sectors and therefore you will learn to film both on location and in the studios we have here at Chesterfield College.
- Intro to media skills including camera, lighting, sound, editing, research, development of ideas and planning productions
- Work experience for a live client, minimum of 30 hours
- Theory and history of TV and film combine with Practical contexts of video production
- Exploration of media contexts including TV, Film & VFX
- VFX projects
- Advanced media production skills with an emphasis on sound and video – here you investigate visual and audio production techniques
- Interactive showpiece to develop your portfolio and showreel for progression
- A final major project of your choice – here you can specialise with guidance from a tutor, creating a media product you really want to test
Five GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including English and maths and preferably a creative course, or a relevant Level 2 qualification.
Practical assignments portfolio work
course work homework
Upon successful completion of the course you can progress to a variety of other Level 3 courses, higher education courses, higher apprenticeships or junior level employment opportunities.