NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health (day) – September 2022
|Start Date:||20 September 2022|
|Funding information:||Adult Learner Loans available, course costs apply.|
Course OverviewThis qualification is designed to increase learners’ knowledge and understanding of mental health and mental well-being. Successful completion of the required units will allow the learner to develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of mental health. It will also support progression into relevant employment within the health and social care sector.
This qualification will:
- focus on the study of mental health and mental well-being to support different occupational areas
- offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge and understanding.
- mental health legislation, services and public attitudes and how these have evolved
- how to support mental well-being through various stages of life
- mental ill-health, treatment options available and the potential consequences of mental ill-health
- the skills required to work in a mental health service.
Each learner must create a portfolio of evidence generated from appropriate assessment tasks which demonstrates achievement of all the learning outcomes associated with each unit. The assessment tasks should allow the learner to respond to a real life situation that they may face when in employment. On completion of each unit learners must declare that the work produced is their own, countersigned by the assessor.
Unit 1: Understanding the context of mental health and wellbeing Unit 2: Promotion of mental health and wellbeing Unit 3: Mental health problems: associated issues and consequences Unit 4: Understanding mental ill health Unit 5: Working in mental health
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. A GCSE grade 4/C in English Language is advised but not mandatory. Learners will have the option to study GCSE English alongside the Level 3 Certificate if they wish to progress onto Higher Education in the future.
This qualification can support progression to the Level 2 Counselling Skills course, which is a gateway to becoming a registered counsellor. You can also prpgress to the Level 3 Access to HE Diploma in Humanities, which can lead to further study in health and social care at degree level.