Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery – September 2020
|Start Date:||07 September 2020|
|Funding information:||Free for Eligible 16-18 year olds. Adult funding available dependant on learner circumstances otherwise course costs apply.|
Course OverviewYou'll gain a high standard of cookery skills from processes, such as roasting and frying to commodities, whilst also learning other workplace essentials like menu design. This course is for anyone who works or wants to work as a chef in the catering and hospitality sector. It is ideal for learners coming straight from school who wish to seek a career in this industry.
You will learn how to:
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Critical to a chef, learn how to maintain , handle and clean knives
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Prepare a variety of meats for basic dishes
Three GCSE grades C/4 or above, or a relevant Level 1 qualification.
Level 3 courses, Employment, Professional Qualifications, Higher Apprenticeships