City & Guilds Level 2 Award in MOT testing (Class 4 & 7)
|Start Date:||13 June 2022|
|Funding information:||Course costs apply (No VAT).|
We can also offer this course in the evening for those who prefer to undertake training outside of work hours. Group booking discounts are negotiable. Evening courses are scheduled depending on demand. Please contact tutor Andy Birch for details and to express interest: firstname.lastname@example.org
This qualification is developed for those individuals who wish to enhance their career by qualifying as an MOT Tester. The course lasts 5 days and is held Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5.00pm, Friday 8.30am-4.30pm. It is based at our purpose built automotive centre on Wharf Lane, just down the road from the College's Infirmary Road campus.
This Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) approved qualification covers safe working practices and working relationships in vehicle testing centres, managing your own professional development, carrying out pre-checks and carrying out a full vehicle test.
- Unit 201 – Safe working practices in the test centre
- Unit 202 – Working relationships within the test centre
- Unit 203 – Managing own professional development as a vehicle tester
- Unit 204 – Carry out pre-test checks for statutory periodic roadworthiness test
- Unit 205 – Carry out statutory periodic roadworthiness test (M1 + N1)
To take an MOT testing course you must have:
- a current and full UK driving licence for the vehicle classes you want to test
- be a skilled mechanic with at least 4 years experience in servicing and repairing the vehicles you are going to test
- a relevant or equivalent Level 3 qualification
You must email copies of your qualifications to be checked before you start the course to email@example.com. If you book and pay for the course without having your qualifications vetted, your place on the course may be refused and course fees lost.
- practical assessments
- online exam
You will gain the necessary skills and knowledge to become a class 4 and 7 MOT Tester. Individuals can progress to the Level 3 Award in MOT Test Centre Management.
Paul BurgarPB Auto Repairs Ltd
MOT Testing and Basic Electrical Course
I have attended both the MOT course and the basic electrical course and would just like to pass my praise on for tutor Andy Birch. Both courses were well run and being able to do the auto electrical refresher at night was invaluable as being a small business I would have had to shut up shop and lose earnings just to do the course. Thanks to Andy's flexibility and enthusiasm to share his knowledge and improve the level of service within our industry he has made this possible.