Basic Engine Management Skills
|Start Date:||04 July 2022|
|Funding information:||Course costs apply (No VAT).|
We can also offer this course in the evening for those who prefer to undertake training outside of work hours. Evening courses are scheduled depending on demand. Please contact tutor Andy Birch for details and to express interest: firstname.lastname@example.org
This course provides technicians with the skills and knowledge to test and diagnose engine management systems with confidence.
It gives learners a sound working knowledge of all of the components within a typical engine management system and how to test them. So if you're a vehicle technician with no formal qualifications in the automotive industry and want to further your career by gaining a qualification, this course is for you.
Workshop based practical tests to build the skills in a step by step manner. You will be able to:
- Complete tests to prove the integrity of fuel supply sub-systems
- Carry out diagnostic tests to display diagnostic data and fault codes
- Interpret diagnostic data and utilise additional settings and functions
- Describe the working principles of all key engine management components
- Perform oscilloscope testing to identify faults in components or wiring
There are no formal entry requirements to this course.
- practical assessment
We have a wide range of additional automotive qualifications to bolster your/your team’s skill set. From Hybrid vehicle qualifications to MOT related training, we can offer something for any fucntioning mechanic/garage.