Learning Resources and Technology
College Learning Resource Centres
The College has a wide range of learning resources that support the College’s study programmes. Our students can expect to benefit from:
• Two Learning Resource Centres based at Infirmary Road Campus and Tapton House
• Three additional IT Learning Centres at Infirmary Road
• Environments that are modern, light and airy in which to study and conduct research
• A broad range of learning resources in both print and electronic formats
• Free internet access to all students including a College e-mail address
• IT systems are regularly upgraded, and at present we have a Windows XP network supporting a wide range of professional packages
• College Virtual Learning Environment enables students to access course materials and information online, day or night
Both campuses have excellent Learning Resource Centres, well stocked with all the resources you need to be successful at Chesterfield College. Each Centre has drop-in computer facilities as well as spacious work areas for group and individual study. Qualified, friendly staff are on hand to support students in accessing resources.
We stock more than 23,000 books, journals, magazines and DVD's. Electronic resources available include ebooks, ejournals and multimedia, as well as a large library of video content available via an online digital video platform, ClickView. Many of our on-line resources are now accessible to registered students from home. Students can also use our on-line catalogue to search for resources.
Students have free access to ICT drop-in facilities which include over 150 computers running Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Office 2010 as standard plus a range of more specialist software. All computers are connected to the Internet. Printing, scanning and photocopying facilities are available in every Learning Centre.
Our Centres hold a range of assistive technology for students with special requirements. These include large monitors and keyboards, trackball mice, height adjustable desks and specialist software.
Where are the Learning Resource Centres?
Infirmary Road Campus - Library and Central Learning Centres – in Central Block near Gate 4 entrance
North Learning Centre – in North Block2 near the Nursery
South Learning Centre – in South Block on the first floor
Tapton Learning Centre – on the ground floor of Tapton House
For further information, contact:
Head of Learning Resources 01246 500549
NB To renew books, please ring 01246 500550